We have no evidence that suggests that receiving a package at home can endanger you. However, we ask you to exercise caution as small actions can go a long way in preventing the spread of coronavirus.
Despite the little research that is available on this matter, we have reason to believe that coronavirus can live in cardboard surfaces for some time, so if any person handling your package has the virus, and touches it, then the virus could spread.
For this reason, we advise our clients to take protective measures to stop coronavirus, the virus causing COVID-19:
- Ask the courier to place the package on the floor and take a step back from the door to maintain a safety distance of 2 meters. Only then open the door and take the package.
- Signature is not required in most of our deliveries, but if it were, use your own pen.
- Leave your package outside and don't touch it for some time, ideally a minimum of 1 day. If you have a garage, this would be a good place to let it rest.
- Wash your hands after handling.
- Clean the outer carton with a wet cloth impregnated with disinfectant.
Please note that these cautionary measures are non-exclusive and you should always check and follow any guidelines from official sources including the World's Health Organization and your own government.
For any questions, please contact us or the Health authorities for clarification.