Earrings for wedding guest
Wedding guest jewelry etiquette
There's a whole set of standards for a bride, but what about the looks of the wedding guests? We know wedding guests shouldn't wear a white dress, that's for sure. But is there anything else we should know and we're still not applying it? Is there an appropriate colour to wear to a wedding? Can I wear whatever jewellery I want?
As a matter of fact, yes. Yes, yes and yes. When it comes to wedding guest attire, there are several rules you must follow. If you are attending a religious wedding, you should avoid wearing bare shoulders or mini-skirts. In terms of colour, wedding guest dress code recommends to wear yellow. In fact, any color except for white is allowed.
Wear what you feel more comfortable with
However, there's no a specific wedding guest jewelry etiquette.
It is said that the ideal wedding guest should wear simple and sophisticated jewellery, minimalistic and classic accessories, but in Bombay Sunset we believe that this statement is already a bit outdated being in the 21st century.
That's why in this post we bring you the best wedding guest jewellery ideas for 2021. All types of jewellery for all types of weddings and guests.
What jewelry should a guest wear to a wedding?
As mentioned earlier, there is no specific jewellery that a wedding guest should wear. It is said that it is preferable to wear minimalist, classic and sophisticated jewellery, but in Bombay Sunset we believe that any jewellery is appropriate as long as you feel comfortable and beautiful with it. So, let's start from the beginning, with the easiest and simplest decision: gold-plated or silver-plated earrings?
- Gold-plated earrings for wedding guest: Gold or rose gold jewellery looks good on warm skin tones and combines perfectly with colours like aquamarine, brown, orange, yellow or green. Gold-plated earrings are also a perfect match with white zircons. In Bombay Sunset, all jewels are plated in 18K gold to preserve its colour and durability and to avoid allergies such as to nickel. So, if you're a wedding guest with brown or dark skin, don’t hesitate to wear gold-plated or rose gold-plated jewelry to the wedding.
- Silver-plated earrings for wedding guest: Silver and white gold is preferred with pale or fair skin tones and fits perfectly with vibrant colours like pink, red, purple or blue. If you are wearing a dress of these colours and your skin is light, silver-plated jewelry is what you really need for the wedding.
What kind of earrings do you wear to a wedding?
There are many doubts about what kind of earrings to wear as a wedding guest as there are so many options to choose from. That’s why in this section of the post I’ve made a selection of the best earrings for wedding guests. A selection of the most-demanded three options: hoop earrings, statement earrings and drop earrings for wedding guests.
- Hoop Earrings for attending a wedding: Hoop earrings are a good option if you feel comfortable wearing them. They are a safe bet whether they are large or small. You can choose to wear gold or silver-plated hoop earrings or choose to wear ones with zircons or pearls. All these options are perfect for attending a wedding no matter what type of ceremony it is.
- Statement Earrings for attending a wedding: Yes! Statement earrings are allowed as a wedding guest. If you are planning to attend to a wedding and you want to be astonishing, don’t hesitate and choose the best statement earrings for the occasion. Do you want gold-plated earrings with pearls? Or do you want silver-plated earrings with zircons? It doesn’t matter which one you prefer, you have everything you’ve ever dream with. And remember: the bigger, the better!
- Drop Earrings for attending a wedding: Simple, classic and sophisticated. These are the words that define drop earrings. They have an unique magic that makes the whole look something special. Our drop earrings are usually plated in silver and decorated with hand-encrusted zircons to make every wedding guest shine. You can match them with minimalistic chokers and a silver zircon ring to complete the whole outfit to attend to a wedding.
How do you accessorize a wedding guest?
- Zircon Earrings for wedding guest: Zircon earrings are a safe bet when it comes to what a guest should wear in a wedding. There are a lot of options for a wedding guest and that is one of them. Zircon earrings in all colours and sizes are the ideal accessory for any type of wedding guest. You can play it safe and choose silver or gold plated earrings that are adorned with white zircons.
But you can also be bold and add some colour to your ears by wearing earrings with coloured zirconia. Don't be afraid of colour mix!
- Original Earrings for wedding guest:
Do you want to be original and wear earrings that you wouldn't dare to wear on other occasions? Do you want your earrings not to go unnoticed? If you are looking for unique earrings, here we show you the best selection of original earrings which are perfect for all those guests attending a wedding. Earrings with history, handmade with passion and love for any wedding guest.
- 18K earrings for wedding guest:
Elegance is important, but so is quality. That's why in Bombay Sunset we only use high quality materials such as 18K gold-plating for our jewellery. This material is resistant and does not produce any kind of allergy, so it is a safe option if you are not used to wearing jewellery or if you want the best quality in your jewelry. So, if you are planning to attend a wedding and wear the best jewellery, here you have all the options you need.
- Natural Gemstone Earrings for wedding guest:
Natural gemstone earrings are a very good option to wear as a wedding guest because of all the properties and benefits of these stones. Gemstones are sustainable and have healing powers. Moreover, they help to increase concentration and they are believed to be good for love which is perfect for weddings. Our natural gemstone earrings are made of Onyx, Rose Quartz, Fluorite or Mother of Pearl, which are perfect for attending a wedding.
Can wedding guest wear pearls?
Who said you can't wear pearls in your jewellery as a wedding guest? Of course you can! As well as being an ideal element and accessory for brides, it is also ideal for those guests who plan to attend a wedding. Pearls have several benefits and one of the most important is that they improve self-confidence and create positive energy, which is perfect for wedding guest as well as brides.
- Pearl Earrings for wedding guest: Pearl earrings are one of the most popular choices for wedding guests not only because of the benefits of pearls mentioned above, but also because of their elegance and sophistication. From small to big earrings to gold or silver plated earrings with pearls are selected in this post.
Wedding jewelry for Bridesmaids
When it comes to wedding jewelry for bridesmaids, you need to consider the preferences of all your bridesmaids and find an option that will appeal to everyone and suit all styles of different bridesmaids. You can opt for statement earrings, but if you want to please all the bridesmaids, we highly recommend you to choose small and simple earrings because we are pretty sure that they are going to love them. You can choose zircon or stud earrings of different colours, or play it safe with white zircons or small pearls.
Wedding guest morning look
Here comes the question: what should I wear to a morning wedding? Morning wedding guest looks maybe are a hard decision as maybe sequins and shiny or glossy fabrics are not the best options, but in terms of jewellery everything gets easier! In Bombay Sunset, we believe that every jewel is appropiate when you feel confident and pretty wearing them. However, when it comes to decide jewelry for a morning or a evening wedding, there are different options. For the perfect wedding guest morning look we recommend pearl earrings but also silver and gold-plated earrings with some coloured zircons.
Wedding guest evening look
For those evening wedding guests, how about choosing bright fabrics in vivid colours such as red or electric blue, or elegant black? These are safe choices for any evening wedding guest. Also, to make your look the most special of all, add sparkling jewellery such as zircon earrings or drop earrings with zircons. Also, statement earrings are a good choice for every guest attending to a evening wedding. That's why we've put together a selection of the best evening jewellery and evening earrings for a special night to celebrate love.
What should a guest wear to a summer wedding in 2021?
One of the best options when it comes to attending to a summer wedding is to choose dresses made of light fabrics such as silk or satin. Also, it is important to choose summer colors such as pink or yellow, or prints such as animal print. When it comes to choosing jewelry, our favorites are 18K gold-plated jewelry, as they highlight tanned skin. For example, gold-plated earrings with colored or white zircons can be the perfect choice for a summer wedding.
What should a guest wear to a winter wedding in 2021?
First of all, if you want to make sure that you are comfy and warmly clothed, choose a dress with long sleeves and fabrics like velvet. A black velvet dress and some sparkling earrings is one of our favorite options. Silver-plated jewelry are preferred for winter wedding guests as this kind of jewelry fits more in winter. You can also choose silver-plated jewelry with white zircons to be the best wedding guest.
Civil wedding guest look
Civil weddings are a little more informal than religious weddings, so you will have more options when choosing your outfit. In civil weddings you should wear classy clothes but it’s preferred to not be overdressed or overdone, and above all take into account the colour chosen by the bride as in civil weddings it doesn't have to be white, so you don't wear the same colour as the bride. When it comes to the jewelry to wear, you can wear all types of jewels from big or small earrings to classic or modern earrings. All options are accepted and you’ll be a beautiful wedding guest no matter what jewelry you decide to wear.
Living in 2021 and there are still thousands of prejudices and absurd rules when it comes to attending a wedding. In Bombay Sunset we believe that you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Of course there are certain rules that must be followed, such as not wearing white, but when it comes to what kind of jewelry to wear as a wedding guest, feel free to wear whatever you feel like wearing!
If you feel comfortable wearing statement earrings and want your jewelry to be the highlight of your wedding guest look, go for it! You only have to choose between gold-plated or silver-plated earrings, depending on which ones you like most. Once you have chosen the plating, you just have to choose if you prefer pearls or zircons, or if you prefer neither of them. You can also choose between hoop, drop or stud earrings. All options are allowed, just choose whatever you feel comfortable to wear as a wedding guest in 2021.
No matter what you choose, we are sure that you'll be an ideal wedding guest.